- 1. Which is the best week to come hunting?
All our weeks provide equal opportunity-Proof is in the photo gallery and testimonials.
- 2. Does the hunt price include the license?
- 3. What hunting district will I be hunting in?
- 4. What shot distance can I expect?
Archery hunters should be proficient to 40 yards, but most shots will be 15-25 yards.
Rifle hunters should be confident to shoot 300 yards. Our average shots are 150-250 yards.
- 5. What can I expect for weather during my hunt?
We discuss weather conditions for each type of hunt we offer in Items to Bring, under the Information menu tab.
- 6. What airport will I fly into?
Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport
- 7. How far is the airport from the ranch?
53 miles--less than an hour
- 8. Is there cell coverage where I'll be hunting?
There is AT&T service on the ranch. Backcountry camps do not have coverage.
- 9. How much game will I expect to see during this hunt?
Hunters are overwhelmed with the amount of game in our area.
- 10. How much meat will I get from an elk?
An elk will yield between 150-250 pounds of boneless meat.
- 11. Can I donate part or all of my meat?
If you choose to donate part or all of an animal harvested, Rising Son Outfitters requires you to pay for the processing of the entire animal and then RSO will give the meat you choose to donate to a needy family.